On The Go Loaded Tuna Quinoa Wraps is a healthy idea for quick and easy 30 Minute Back-to-School Meals! They are loaded with Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Water, heart-healthy avocado and lots of veggies all wrapped up in a whole grain tortilla. Perfect for quick dinners, dinners on the run or pack up the leftovers for great back-to-school lunches! @BumbleBeeFoods #OnlyAlbacore #CG #ad
Well…Labor Day has passed by us and with it goes all wearing of white clothing (if you listen to those “in the know”…which I don’t, obviously, because I am currently wearing a white cardigan LOL). The hottest of the summertime heat and humidity is behind us (fingers crossed) as this week we have gotten a glimpse of slightly cooler mornings and evenings 🙂 It is nice that you can actually breathe when you step outside! I can’t actually say that it feels like Fall here in South Georgia, but it is getting there!
School started for us over a month ago (I know, crazy right?) but this week marks the start of soccer season and with it our weeknights are about to get even more hectic. Beside school and homework (because now lil man is a big first grader), he will be playing soccer this year, so we will have practices and games. I love to have quick, easy and healthy meals like these tuna quinoa wraps on hand for those crazy nights. Portable (no mayo, but lots of heart-healthy avocado), lots veggies and whole grain wraps are mom-approved for nutrition and convenience and kid-approved for taste!
Call me picky but only Only Bumble Bee Albacore Will Do™ versus typical chunk white tuna for my tuna quinoa wraps! Why? Because seeing is believing and Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna is quality you can see – the moment you open the can. With a firm texture, light color and fresh taste – Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore is the perfect ingredient to deliciously enhance almost any recipe, adding a variety of nutrients – including lean protein, healthy fat and important vitamins and minerals. Bumble Bee® offers responsibly wild caught Albacore that is delicious, versatile, high in protein and absolutely perfect as the main ingredient in any meal. Be sure to check out their website for full nutritional facts and to learn more –> Go here: Only Bumble Bee Albacore Will Do™
Here is your recipe for On The Go Loaded Tuna Quinoa Wraps:
- 1 cup Quinoa or Quinoa/Sprouted Rice Blend
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen - thawed)
- 1 cup sweet peas (fresh or frozen - thawed)
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 each red and green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. fajita spice blend
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 8 whole grain soft tortillas
- 4 cans (5 oz. each) Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Water, drained
- Prepare quinoa or quinoa/rice blend according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cooled quinoa or quinoa/rice blend, corn, sweet peas, kale, black beans, chia seeds, bell peppers and carrots and stir to combine.
- Add avocados, lime juice, chili pepper, fajita spice seasoning, salt and pepper and gently combine (you don't want to mash up the avocados too much)
- To assemble the wrap, lay one of the tortilla shells flat on your work space, add about 1 cup of the quinoa/veggie mixtures to the center of the wrap.
- Add ½ of one can of Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore on top of quinoa/veggie mixture.
- Wrap up tightly burrito-style and secure with a tooth-pick. Cut in half, if desired.
- Enjoy chilled or room temperature!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.