This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeGameTimeSaucy #CollectiveBias
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken is a healthy, easy and flavorful game day recipe perfect for tacos or nachos! Ban the bland this football season with Pace® and grab everything you need for tailgating at Walmart!
Fall is probably my favorite season of the year! After the brutal summers that we endure here in South Georgia, just a hint of cooler weather with less humidity (and I am talking mid-80’s and maybe only 75% humidity) is a blessing! Don’t get me wrong…I still want to be able to wear my shorts and flipflops but I would like it not to feel like a sauna every time I walk outside.
Another reason that I love fall, COLLEGE FOOTBALL!! We are huge college football fans & have game day just about every Saturday during the season. I love coming up with new game day recipes to share with my friends and family like this Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken 🙂
My secret weapon for guaranteeing that I have plenty of kick and genuine bold southwest flavors in this dish is 24 oz. Pace® Salsa Verde! Just hover over this picture and click over to Walmart.com and purchase delicious Pace® products. They are available in a variety of textures and heat levels ~ it kicks the flavor up to 11! Good on anything but ice cream 😉
I like to keep Pace® products on hand, especially during football season because it is very versatile and can be used as an ingredient, condiment & dipping sauce throughout the day. When I am planning out my game day menus, I like to come up with recipes that are easy, healthy if possible and can be served all day long! We tend to put out our game day spread when the first game starts (about noon) and munch throughout the day. Recipes in a slow cooker are perfect for this, because you can keep them warm easily and they are portable too! Sometimes our game day is at my sister’s house, so I need to transport. My Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken really fits the bill for a game day winner!
I used my Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken for tacos this past weekend for game day and they were a total hit so I knew I had to share it with y’all! It was an easy win (even though our team lost) thanks to Pace®! I made a quick and easy trip to Walmart to grab everything that I needed for our game time grub!
Putting together my Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken couldn’t have been easier the morning of game day! When Baby Girl went down for her morning nap, it literally took me 10 minutes of prep 🙂 Then I actually had some time while she was sleeping to clean up the house a bit too 🙂
Throw everything in the slow cooker and let it perform its magic over the next few hours 🙂
And get all this saucy goodness with very little effort on your part 😉
Here is your recipe for Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken:
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed and chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup Pace® Salsa Verde Medium (24 oz.)
- ⅓ cup honey
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder, more or less depending on heat preference
- 1 tsp. ancho chili powder, more or less depending on heat preference
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, more or less depending on heat preference
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Pace® Picante Sauce Medium (24 oz.)
- 1 Avocado, peeled and chopped
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Spray the bowl of a slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Add onions, jalapenos and garlic to the bottom of the bowl.
- Top with chicken breast, Pace® Salsa Verde Medium, honey, lime zest, lime juice, spices, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Shred chicken and stir to combine thoroughly. Continue to cook for approximately 30 more minutes so the chicken absorbs the majority of the juices.
- Stir in cilantro, check seasonings and adjust if needed.
- To serve as tacos: place about ½ cup of cooked chicken in a tortilla and top with Pace® Picante Medium, Avocado, Greek yogurt or sour cream and a sprinkle more of cilantro.
If you enjoyed these Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken, you will want check out Pace® #MakeGameTimeSaucy for more saucy inspiration!
Don’t forget Pace® has an Ibotta® offer! Earn $0.50 cash back with Ibotta® when you purchase a jar of Pace®! (Offer is valid on any ONE (1) 15 oz. or larger Pace® Salsa or Pace® Picante Sauce.) Find Pace® at retailers near you!
Tell me…how do you make it saucy for game time?