This recipe for Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken requires ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. It’s a staple for a crazy weekday night but tastes like it should be for special occasions. It couldn’t be easier, just dump all the ingredients into your slow cooker before work, set it to low and come home to a house that smells heavenly!!!
Doesn’t that look too pretty to eat? Well if you could smell it, you wouldn’t care how pretty it is. You would just be like, “Get in my belly!!!” LOL:-) Chicken, tomatoes, onion, balsamic vinegar and fresh herbs…DONE!! You could serve it over brown rice, quinoa, pasta or just have it straight up for a nice low-carb option. I served mine over brown rice and has a simple green salad to go along with it. The inspiration for the recipe came Skinny Ms, a blog that I frequent quite often. Check out her recipe for Skinny Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken. She has some great ideas for leftover like: balsamic chicken wraps.
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 14.5 oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes or 3 cups fresh tomatoes
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves-pressed or finely chopped
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon each: fresh spicy oregano, basil, and rosemary
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon thyme
- ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Put a slow cooker liner in the slow cooker. If not using a slow cooker liner be sure to spray the base of the slow cooker well with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Add chicken breasts,put sliced onion on top of chicken then put in all the fresh herbs, salt, pepper and pressed garlic cloves. Pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken and serve over pasta, brown rice or quinoa.
- Serve with a simple green salad.
What kind of recipes would you like to see more of here at Becky’s Best Bites? I would love your feedback and suggestions. I’m still pretty new at this so anything is helpful