Can I just talk about the heat for a moment? OMG!!! Whew!! It has been in the mid to upper 90’s here for weeks on end with heat indexes over 100!! You go outside and it nearly takes your breath away 😯 I am so excited to be heading off to Park City on Sunday for the trip that my financé won through his work. The temperatures there will top out in the mid to upper 70’s 😛 But until then with all this heat, I have been craving cool treats in the afternoons!! Of course the first thing that comes to mind is ice cream, but that will definitely not fit into the “wedding diet,” so what is a girl to do?
Today I am going to share with you two little secrets that I have found that will indulge your sweet tooth and cool you off in this crazy heat while keeping you on track with your diet. Y’all are going to love me for this one 😉 The first is a Two Ingredient Ice Cream that is vegan, healthy and oh so creamy and yummy!
Creamy, rich ice cream made out of just two simple ingredients: frozen bananas and chocolate almond milk!
I like my ice cream to have more of the soft serve consistency that you see here. You could also transfer to an airtight container and freeze until solid to have an ice cream that is more of the “normal” consistency.
Now the “ice cream” is perfectly lovely by itself, but if you really want to satisfy your sweet tooth, take it up a notch and mix-in a fun add-in 😆 My second little secret to satisfying your sweet tooth is to indulge your #cheesecakeinstincts with Fiber One Cheesecakes!
I found these little gems at my last trip to Publix and was intrigued to try them out, so I picked up a box of the Strawberry and a box the Salted Caramel. I did save a little money by taking advantage of these savings from the Ready Plan Save Coupon Website (y’all know that this frugal gal loves to save money). You can take advantage of these coupons from Publix from 7/16/15 – 7/29/15.
I mixed the Fiber One Salted Caramel Cheesecake into my “ice cream” and it was a fabulous addition to my cool treat! The sweet and salty combination was right up my alley 🙂
These Fiber One Cheesecakes are great snacks by themselves too 😆 Each delicious cheesecake bar comes in at only 150 calories and has 5 grams of fiber. I plan on packing them in my carry-on bag for our trip to Park City. That way I have healthy snacks for the trip and don’t have to pay those excessive airport and resort prices.
Before we get to the recipe our friends at Publix and Fiber One helped me with a $15 PayPal Giveaway so you can try these delicious and healthy cheesecake bars for yourself.
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- ¼ cup chocolate almond milk
- 2 Fiber One Salted Caramel Cheesecake Bars
- Peel bananas and slice into even-sized coins.
- Place sliced bananas on a baking sheet or in a glass bowl and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours, but ideally overnight.
- Once bananas are frozen solid, place in a food processor. Add chocolate almond milk and process.
- It will take a couple of minutes, but eventually the "ice cream" will become smooth and creamy.
- Once creamy, break up the cheesecake bars and add to the food processor.
- Pulse a couple of times to incorporate into the "ice cream."
- Serve immediately if you want a soft serve consistency to your "ice cream" or place into an air tight contain and freeze until solid.