Pumpkin Apple Roll Ups with Cream Cheese Dipper is a quick, easy and delicious dessert recipe that is perfect for “Wow Worthy” entertaining with all the favorite flavors of fall. Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets are the essential ingredient in creating this yummy treat!#InspiredByPuff #ad
The weather has finally cooled just a bit here in Southern Georgia (and by “a bit” I mean it has gone from 95 F to 85 F…LOL). But it is enough that it has me craving the flavors of Fall, especially pumpkin and apple!! A lot of the time you find these quintessential fall ingredients in separate recipes, but I thought why not put them together in a sweet treat!
I have mentioned before that I am not the best baker. That is one of the reasons that I decided to use Puff Pastry Sheets to make my Pumpkin Apple Roll Ups with Cream Cheese Dipper:) They are almost foolproof, even for someone who is definitely NOT a master baker, like myself. Pepperidge Farm ® have developed tip, instruction and recipe videos that you can watch << HERE >> that make it even easier 🙂
My sister had my twin nephew’s First Birthday party this past weekend 🙂 Their actual birthday is tomorrow, but I just can’t believe that they are already one year old!! It is crazy how time flies!! My sister had the cupcakes covered that the boys would destroy and make a complete mess with (it was soooo adorable BTW). I did want to contribute to the celebration, of course, so I made my nearly famous Skinny Southern Potato Salad & super kid-friendly fruit salad. Those are tried and true favorites but I also wanted to try something new and I wanted it to scream fall!! I came up with these Pumpkin Apple Roll Ups with Cream Cheese Dipper. And let me tell you they were a hit with both the little kiddos and the big kiddos 😉
I started by making a quick run to my local Publix to pick up Puff Pastry Sheets and the other ingredients I would need to prepare these Pumpkin Apple Roll Ups with Cream Cheese Dipper.
While the Puff Pastry Sheets are thawing, you prepare the pumpkin apple filling.
Cut the Puff Pastry Sheets into 9 squares and then spoon a teaspoon of the prepared filling into each square. Roll up and bake. That’s it!!
The cream cheese dipper is optional but it definitely takes these Pumpkin Apple Roll Ups to the next level 😉
Here is your recipe for Pumpkin Apple Roll Ups with Cream Cheese Dipper:
- 1 package (17.3 oz.) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and cubed (I used Honeycrisp Apples)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. water
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 egg
- splash of water
- 1 package (8 oz.) reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- splash of vanilla extra
- splash of milk (if needed)
- Take the Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets out of the freezer. Remove both frozen pastry sheets from box and paper wrapping.
- Thaw pastry sheets at room temperature for no more than 40 minutes or until pastry unfolds easily. Thawed sheets should still be cold.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. And either line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- Add chopped apples, sugar and ¼ cup water to a small saucepan and place over medium-high heat.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Stir to combine and cook apples for about 10 minutes or until they are soften and cooked down, stirring often.
- Mix cornstarch and 2 tsp. of water in a small ramekin or bowl to dissolve the cornstarch.
- Pour into apple mixture and stir to thicken the mixture. Remove from heat.
- Use a potato masher or fork to slightly mash the apples.
- Add pumpkin and stir to combine.
- In another ramekin or small bowl, combine the egg and a splash of water. Mix well to make an egg wash. Set aside.
- Once the pastry sheets have thawed, cut each sheet into 9 equal pieces so you have a total of 18 pieces.
- Spoon a teaspoon of the pumpkin apple mixture into each pastry piece and roll up. Pinch the ends together if needed. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Continue this process with all of the pastry pieces.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Serve with Cream Cheese Dipper on the side.
- While the roll ups are baking, prepare the cream cheese dipper.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together soften cream cheese and confectioner's sugar.
- Add vanilla and milk (if needed) to get consistency desired.
If you enjoyed these Pumpkin Apple Roll Ups with Cream Cheese Dipper, you will definitely want to check out Pepperidge Farm® Collection of Fall Seasonal Recipes for more yummy inspiration 🙂