3 Ingredient Baby Teething Biscuits is a healthy and easy recipe for infants and toddlers. Oats, bananas and coconut oil combine with optional spices to make a yummy and cheaper alternative to commercial teether wafers.
Oh the joys of a teething baby… Baby Girl now has 2 teeth, both on the bottom, and thankfully they have both popped through her gums completely so the worst should be over (fingers crossed). I know it has to hurt like crazy to be teething and she doesn’t understand what is going on, but man it is tough on mama too! The crankiness is off the chain!! And normally she is a very happy baby…
But when that first tooth starting coming in…yikes! What happened to my happy baby??? Oh did I also mention that around the same time, she decided that she wanted to move???? And she gets super frustrated because she can’t figure out how to get her little arms and legs coordinated so she can crawl. Thankfully she now has a skooch/army crawl thing going so she can get around a bit 🙂 We haven’t mastered the full on crawl yet, but she is close…
Anywho…back to the reason that I decided to figure out how to make baby teething biscuits… I quickly learned (thanks to my sister who has gone through teething with her 11 months twins) that those commercial baby teething wafers are lifesavers! But…they are a little bit expensive and I thought surely I can make these 😉 I wanted a simple recipe for baby teething biscuits with just a few ingredients.
Oats (ground up into oat flour), bananas and coconut oil 🙂 Okay…yes I did call this recipe 3 Ingredient Baby Teething Biscuits and you will see that I used a few optional spices too – cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla 😉 I am making those optional so that works, right? I’m going with it 😉
Your food processor does all the work to get the dough ready and then your oven does the baking work 🙂 Easy peasy!!
The result is these wonderful little baby teething biscuits that have been a big hit with Baby Girl!! They are the perfect size for little hands to grab and feed herself 🙂 Miss Independant will not let me feed her! LOL 🙂 She has to feed herself her bottles, food and she has even mastered the sippy cup so she does that by herself too 🙂
I love that these baby teething biscuits are made with whole foods and are super easy to make! I hope your lil one loves them as much as Baby Girl does 🙂
Here is your recipe for 3 Ingredient Baby Teething Biscuits:
- 4 cups quick cooking or old fashioned oats
- 2 medium bananas, very ripe
- 4-5 tbsp. coconut oil, melted (I needed 5)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Place oats in the bowl of a food processor or high speed blender and pulse until they become oat flour.
- Peel bananas and add in small chunks to the food processor.
- Add coconut oil (start with 4 tbsp.), vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon (if using) and pulse until a thick dough forms. If the dough is too dry or crumbly, add the additional 1 tbsp. of coconut oil.
- Scoop out an approximately 1 inch portion of the dough and form into a rectangular (wafer) shape with rounded edges that is about ¼ inch thick and place on the baking sheet.
- Complete the previous step until you have used up all of the dough.
- Place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Flip all of the biscuits and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Store in airtight container or freeze until needed.
If you enjoyed these 3 Ingredient Baby Teething Biscuits, then you might also like: