Holiday Pinwheels Appetizer with Kale and Roasted Red Pepper is an easy recipe that will be a hit at holiday parties, family meals and special occasions during this festive season.
The holidays are upon us! The elves are on the shelves, the trees are decorated (hopefully some presents are starting to show up under it), stockings are on the mantel and we have every excuse to EAT!! That is my favorite part of the holidays 🙂 Holiday parties, family meals and special occasions are covering our calendars and with each one we get lots of yummy foods!! My go-to this year for Holiday Appetizers are these Holiday Pinwheels Appetizer with Kale and Roasted Red Pepper. They are made with my new go-to crescents Immaculate Baking Co. Organic Crescent Rolls.
These babies are my new go-to because they contain no bleached flour, no artificial flavors, no preservatives and no hydrogenated oils.
Go << HERE >> to grab a COUPON to SAVE $1.00 ON ONE any flavor/variety Immaculate Baking Co. product!!
Immaculate has a whole line of honestly delicious baking products including cookie doughs, scratch mixes and refrigerated dough. Many of them are gluten free and/or organic.
Immaculate loves connecting baking and folk art too! They believe as I do that both celebrate creativity, bring people together, and are full of tradition and soul. Because of that, they turn our Immaculate Baking packages into galleries and promise to use only wholesome ingredients for goodies you can feel great about!
What I love about this Holiday Pinwheel Appetizer, is that you some veggie goodness in there! Our holiday meals are usually very rich so any time that I can add in some veggies I am all for it! The kale and roasted red pepper not only offer us some great added nutrition but festive color too 🙂
Here is your recipe for the Holiday Pinwheels Appetizer with Kale and Roasted Red Pepper:
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 cup frozen chopped kale, defrosted and drained
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 can (8 oz.) Immaculate Baking Company Organic Crescent Rolls
- Sprinkle of Flour
- ½ cup roasted red pepper, diced
- ½ cup shredded cheese of choice (I used Monterey Jack, but white cheddar or mozzarella would work.)
- Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with a silicone baking sheet or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot add garlic and sauté for about a minute.
- Add kale and continue to saunté with the garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a medium mixing bowl to cool.
- While the kale is cooling, unroll the dough and separate into two large rectangles.
- Pinch and seal the perforations in the dough.
- Sprinkle the rectangles with flour and use a rolling pin to smooth out the dough.
- Once the kale has cooled slightly, add the roasted red pepper and cheese to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Evenly divide the kale mixture between the two rectangles of dough. Spread to the edges.
- Gently roll each piece of dough along the long side and place seam side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Freeze dough rolls for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Remove from freezer and slice each roll into 8 slices for a total of 16 slices.
- Place slices on the baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 2 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
Don’t forget to grab YOUR COUPON before you head to the store to grab everything you will need for your next holiday celebration! Happy Holidays y’all 🙂