Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sliders is a healthy, 4-ingredient recipe that takes no longer than 5 minutes to put together. The result is a creamy chicken mixture with a kick that you pile into whole wheat slider buns. These babies are cuter than they are spicy, thanks to the greek yogurt, which also pumps up the nutritional factor.
Here are your 4-ingredients that are needed to make my Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sliders. That’s it folks! Well…okay…I guess you do need the whole wheat slider buns, but that’s not really an ingredient. It’s the vessel in which you transport this yummy goodness to your mouth 🙂 LOL 🙂 Odd choice of the word “vessel,” but let’s go with it…
I will tell you that the first time that I made these, following this recipe by Somewhat Simple, I just used the bottle of Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce and SPICY Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix (because that is all we had in the house) and it WAS SPICY!! I like spicy food, but I was crying. My boyfriend who doesn’t like spicy food but has learnt that he needs to adapt if he wants me to cook for him, took a couple of bites and quit. LOL 🙂 Man, I should have taken a pic of the look he gave me!! Hilarious!!!
So when I made it for the blog, I made sure I had REGULAR ranch mix and decided to add the greek yogurt. The result was a milder, creamier version that we all preferred.
Here is the recipe for Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sliders:
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce
- 1 packet Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 6 oz. Non-fat plain Greek Yogurt
- Place a slow cooker liner in your slow cooker, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add chicken to the slow cooker.
- Pour the bottle of wing sauce over the chicken
- Add the ranch mix and greek yogurt, mix well.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Shred the chicken (it should literally fall apart with minimal effort) and stir to combine.
- Serve on whole wheat slider buns.